TS lost because one of the top players could not hit foul shots at the end.
[ QUOTE ]
remember the Turny in Hurly 8 or 9 years ago when Nortion upset TS or as most of my TS call it the blank-blank Flick game (I honistly feared for than mans saftie after the game LOL
[/ QUOTE ]
not really an upset, we split with TS in the regular season. We were a MUCH better team aside from Jason Horton blocking everyones shots.
TS lost because one of the top players could not hit foul shots at the end.
Lives of great men all remind us as their pages o'er we turn, that we're apt to leave behind us letters that we ought to burn.-----Anonymous
yep Ervin bricked a 1-1 to at least put them up by 3.
What are the standings going in to Fridays games?
Gc
Coeburn
Kelly
Burton
PV
Pound
Appy
Clintwood
??
Anyone know for sure?
I was working with two guys from TS and they were redy to tar and feather Flick before getting really nasty with him LOL. They hated frezing the ball with such a small lead while that was Stan's gameplan (and it worked but I bet he never expected TS to help him out with shortning the game) being an LPD man I rubbed in the loss on my buddys but stoped when I started fearing for my on life as well as Flicks LOL.....Good Times [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I would say Burton is 3rd because they have 5 district loses, 4 to GC and Coeburn. Im sure Kelly has at least 6 district loses, 6 to GC, Coeburn, and Burton off the top of my head.
hahah, yeah I know Flick got a lot of heat for that, but who would have ever thought the all time leading scorer in the history of virginia would brick the front end of a 1-1. They werent that good anyway, they wouldnt have won anymore games after that one regardless. Haysi ended up pounding my burton team by about 30 in the finals and then both haysi and burton lost in the first round of state at radford.
Actualy I say it comming when TS froze the ball I told my buddy that no matter who was shooting the 1-1 will have a tough time since #1 it was a huge shot and #2 they would be shooting cold since they had preatty much been standing in one place without moveing for 6 mins LOL.
Yeah Burton is in 3rd right now.
I think it's:
1. GC
2. Coeburn
3. Burton
4. PV
5. Kelly
6. Pound
7. Appy
8. C-Wood
Bookmarks